EVS opportunity in Hertha Levefællesskab, Galten, Denmark.
Bona Fides Association and Dansk ICYE are looking for a volunteer to join the Hertha project in Hertha Levefællesskab in Galten, Denmark. To apply please fill the application form and send it to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Please, write in the title “EVS in Galten, Denmark”.
- Location: Hertha Levefællesskab, Galten, Denmark
- Deadline: 11/04/2019
- Duration: 10 months
- Mobility period: 01/05/2019 – 29/02/2020
Description of the project
Hertha, is a living community for mentally handicapped situated in a small village, Herskind, consisting of families and singles, and where normal people integrate into the lives of handicapped. The living community consists of 2 houses with 19 mentally handicapped residents, mostly 18-30 years old. The residents have different psychological and mental restrictions and some of them are also physically impaired, but all of them are able to walk.
In the village there are different workshops which are used in the project: Bakery, biodynamic market garden, biodynamic farm, dairy, weave shed, kitchen and laundry where the mentally handicapped work. In the workshops we produce products spent by the residents in the village and furthermore the bakery and dairy produce products to be sold in ecological shops to kindergartens and other institutions in the area.
- The main activity for the volunteer will be to support the disabled in the workshops according to interests and specific knowledge and experiences. The volunteer will support in the bakery and kitchen;
- Supervision and instructions will be provided by pedagogues specialised in working with mentally handicapped;
- If the volunteer has a driving license, he/she will be in charge of being a chauffeur to different activities;
- Volunteers will only work with the less disabled and challenging disabled.
- punctual – the volunteer must show up on time to the agreed activities;
- tolerant, open, extrovert who can take part in our daily life with a positive attitude;
- calm personality, flexible and accepting of adjustments to plans since changes can occur with short warning;
- being able to play an instrument would be relevant, but not essential;
- we only accept application from EU citizens.
MORE INFORMATION: https://www.icye.dk/hertha-levefaellesskab/
TO APPLY: Fill and send the application form