We’re seeking to employ a Fundraising & Membership Assistant in a volunteering role with BirdLife Malta!
Work with us
Here at BirdLife Malta we pride ourselves on being an international team working towards conserving Europe’s migratory birds in Malta. If you’re passionate about the environment and conservation, and would like to join our expanding team, then check out our current vacancies below.
Erasmus+ Volunteering vacancy
Dates: May 2019 – April 2020
Costs: Voluntary position, but all living costs will be covered and accommodation provided
Number of volunteering opportunities (1):
- Fundraising & Membership Assistant
BirdLife Malta is looking for a new full-time volunteer to join their international team protecting birds and their habitats and inspiring and educating people about birds and nature in the Maltese Islands. The volunteer will be based in our offices in Ta’ Xbiex. Those who have previously participated in a long-term Erasmus+ European Voluntary Service (EVS) scheme or long-term Erasmus+ Volunteering scheme are not eligible to apply for this position.
- Aged 18-30
- A citizen of one of these programme countries: Italy, Spain, UK, Poland and Turkey
- Outgoing, friendly, keen to meet new people, socialise, and experience a different culture
- Interested in bird conservation and/or environmental protection
- Interested in improving bird, flora and other taxa identification skills
- Interested in inspiring and educating people about birds and the natural world
- Willing to do hands-on conservation work ranging from fieldwork aimed at protection of wild birds from illegal killing to raising public awareness in events
- Willing to develop administration, time management, numeracy, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and having an adaptable approach in line with the needs of a charitable organisation’s structure including working flexible and occasional long hours
The Erasmus+ Volunteering programme will provide you:
- Accommodation in a shared room close to our offices in Ta’ Xbiex or with host families
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport costs (bus, train, metro, visa) up to a certain limit
- €300 monthly allowance
- Private CIGNA insurance
Description of duties:
FUNDRAISING & MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANT
This role will support the Business Development department with their ongoing fundraising activities ranging from memberships, events, corporate sponsorshop, and projects. Specific duties for this position are as follows:
Department general activities:
- To participate in team meetings that contribute to strategy, discussions and decisions
- Support project applications on an ad-hoc basis
- To draft and produce written correspondence such as letters, reports and other documents
- Manage the stock for BirdLife Malta’s merchandise
- Support in the development of corporate sponsorship scheme
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of events and campaigns
- Assist the development of donor database and supporter relations
- Membership management (process new memberships and renewals, management of the CRM system and database)
- Support in the organisation and participation in membership campaigns
- Assist in the distribution of BirdLife Malta publications
- General administration as required for fundraising and departmental activities
Please download and fill in the application form. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Application for Fundraising & Membership Assistant together with an updated CV. Please note that CVs without the application form filled in will not be considered.
We highly recommend that you visit our website on www.birdlifemalta.org for further information before applying. The positions are funded by Erasmus+.
Applications close on Monday 22nd April 2019 at 12pm. Telephone/Skype interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
Please note that incomplete and/or late applications will not be taken into consideration.